"Little Joe Electric"
|Milwaukee Road Little Joe Electric E-76 (specifications) was originally built for the Soviet Union in 1948, however, due to the Cold war, the locomotive was sold and shipped to the Milwaukee Road on September 15, 1950. The original General Electric builders plate serial number was 29917, while A1595 was the number designation for the Soviet Union.|
Original Illustration 10" x 8" - India Ink on Mylar
|This electric locomotive, at one time the largest locomotive ever built, served for twenty-four years on the Milwaukee Road, when the electricity was finally turned off in 1974. Eleven of the Little Joe Electrics met the cutters torch, however, the E-70 was spared and enshrined on the courthouse lawn at Deer Lodge, Montana.|